The Benefits of Giving Consent
Better Care at the Point of Care
You’re not obligated to grant consent. But in an emergency, you may be glad you did.
During those frightening times when you may not able to speak for yourself, Healthix helps doctors and nurses access the information they need at the point of care to make an informed decision on the course of treatment. Accessing your medical history through Healthix can save time and lead to faster more appropriate decision making that could save your life.
Other advantages of granting consent to your health providers:
- Improved quality of care and increased safety
- Reduced likelihood of repeated diagnostic tests and labs
- Reduced likelihood of errors involving adverse drug interactions and allergic reactions
- Expedited communication between your doctors and other caregivers
- Streamlined care coordination
With your consent, clinicians can:
- Access your comprehensive data, such as medications, lab results and diagnostic reports
- Treat you more effectively because they have a more comprehensive view of your medical history, past treatments and medications
- Better consult and collaborate with your other health providers to coordinate services
- Use clinical data, from many sources across New York State, to create a patient-centered view of your medical needs